More and more organisations are choosing to scan active documents and records for a number of reasons.
FDA UK Ltd provides both ad-hoc Scan-on-Demand services as well as bulk back scanning projects using hi-tech duplex scanners combining manual and OCR indexing.
By scanning and keeping documents digitally, you:
- Naturally create a secure back-up for quick, effective disaster recovery.
- Make them more accessible to more people more quickly, than paper-based documents.
- Have documents available for everyday access and then store the original paper copy in deep storage - a more cost effective and efficient approach to archiving
- Convert your paper files to digital images so they’re all available on CD/ DVD for easy access
- Scan paper-based documents up to A3 size, single or double sided scanned with state-of-the-art scanners
- Provide on-demand scanning of archived files to a secure web page for urgent review
How does it work?
- Documents are converted into PDF images and index data is then added to the corresponding documents either manually or using OCR technology
- The completed scanned images are saved to a CD or DVD
- No additional software is required to view and print the documents